Our barn is thoroughly cleaned and inspected by ourselves between each holiday let.
In order to maintain these high standards we do not allow smoking or pets.
We are unable to provide equipment for babies and infants.
Prices include bed linen, tea, hand & bath towels, electricity and central heating.
Terms and Conditions
1) The Contract – The contract entered into is between The Barn at Redcliffe Farm Owners, Di and Malcolm Litten and the person completing and sending the Booking Form (the Hirer).The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Hirer.
2) Booking – Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 18 years or parties where the majority of members are under 18 years (except families). The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed the maximum of four. The Owners reserve the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
3) Reservations – Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone, fax or e-mail and must be confirmed within 7 days (UK residents) or 10 days (outside UK) by the arrival of the required deposit. Unconfirmed reservations will be cancelled after 7 or 10 days without further reference. To secure a reservation: Complete all parts of the Booking Form, send the completed form by post with a deposit of £150. The balance of the cost must then be paid six weeks before the holiday is due to start. Please note, this date will be included with our receipt for the deposit and further reminders are not normally sent out. If the balance is not received within the time specified the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit. Bookings made within four weeks of the start of the holiday require full payment within 7 days of the provisional booking unless alternative arrangements are agreed with the Owner. Payment for bookings can be made by cheque in sterling to Mrs. D. Litten.
4) Cancellation – In the event of cancellation by the Hirer, the Owner will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful may refund all monies paid. If cancellation is made up to 8 weeks before the arrival date, the deposit will be refunded.
5) Insurance – It is strongly recommended that you arrange appropriate insurance cover, because no one wants to pay for a holiday they cannot take. Insurance is an inexpensive safeguard against holiday cancellation.
6) Booking Alterations – Any change in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Owner. If for reasons beyond their control the Owner has to cancel arrangements made for the Hirer, the Owner will return to the Hirer any monies paid, whereupon the Owner’s liability will cease.
7) Damage, Loss and Insurance – The Hirer agrees that there will be no smoking in the property at anytime. The Hirer will be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition. The Hirer agrees to not cause nuisance or annoyance to the occupants of nearby houses. The Hirer must allow reasonable access to the property by the Owner. If, in the opinion of the Owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour including smoking inside the property, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and the Owner may repossess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of the hire and no refund shall be due.
8) Occupancy – Occupancy shall be from 4pm (16:00 hours) on the day of arrival to 10am (10:00 hours) on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made. This condition is to allow for the highest standards of cleanliness to be maintained.
9) Descriptions – Whilst the Owner makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions, these are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify information. Whilst the Owner has taken all responsible steps to ensure that the information contained in its advertisements and website is accurate the Owner reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
10) Complaints – If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Owner as soon as possible and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owner of any complaints in accordance with the time scale set out will entitle the Owner to refuse to entertain the complaint irrespective of its merits.